A delicious fall season or holiday dessert friends and family will love.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp. apple pie spice
- 5 lb. tart cooking apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup cold butter cut up
- 1 cup chopped pecans or hazelnuts
- vanilla or cinnamon ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine granulated sugar, apple cider, and apple pie spice in an extra-large bowl. Add apples; toss to coat. Spread in a 3-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, combine the next five ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture is pea-sized. Stir in nuts. Spread over apples.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until topping is browned, apples are tender, and juices are bubbly. Cover loosely with foil the last 5 to 10 minutes if topping is browning too fast. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.